Here are our nearby favorites:
- Supermarket: Super Stop & Shop, 228 King St.
- Natural Food Co-op: River Valley Market, 330 N. King St.
- Fresh Fish: North Shore Seafood, 166 King St.
And a bit farther away (maybe 15 min):
- Whole Foods, 327 Russell St, Hadley
- Trader Joe's, 375 Russell St, Hadley
Northampton is renowned for its many excellent places to eat. Here are some of our favorites:
- Great Wall, 176 Pine St. (Florence) is a typical family-style Chinese Restaurant, that does not use msg, uses fresh vegetables, and cooks with more ginger than soy sauce.
- Taipei & Tokyo, 16 Crafts Ave., has our favorite sushi. Good miso soup too.
- Thai Garden, 2 Bridge St., nice curries and pad thai.
- Joe’s Pizza, 33 Market St., classic family-style Italian restaurant with some contemporary pizza varieties.
- India House, 45 State St.
- Sylvesters (for breakfast), 111 Pleasant St.
and so many more...
- The Y is across the street. They do have a daily use fee. If you happen to be a Y member from somewhere else, you may get in for free or cheap.
- Music and other cultural events listing: http://www.valleyadvocate.com/
- Local outdoor activities, events, etc: http://www.pioneervalley.info/
- Local activities of interest to families with children: http://www.hilltownfamilies.org/
- Contra Dancing: http://www.alongtheriver.com/dances.html